For how many people: 8
Preparation time: 30 min
Cooking time: 10 min
Story of the recipe or story of the chef:
Quinoa is all the rage now thanks to its benefits. As a result, there are quite a few quinoa salad recipes, however this one is the best that I’ve tasted! And I’m not saying that just because it’s the one I’ve submitted. Let’s be honest, I didn’t create it… I discovered it in a restaurant and I just reproduced it. After several trials, I offer you the better version, the Mediterranean version with Smyrna raisins, that I make for my guests whatever the season and it’s always a unanimous success. But quinoa salad will never replace our good old Lebanese tabbouleh!
List of ingredients:
- 1 large glass of quinoa seeds
- 1 coffee cup of cranberries
- 1 coffee cup of smyrna golden raisins
- 3 tomatoes
- 4 cucumbers
- 3 radishes
- A bunch of coriander
- 1 pomelo
For the sauce:
- Lemon, juice
- Olive oil
- 1 tbsp of mustard
1. Cook the quinoa in 2 glasses of water. Set aside.
2. Soak the cranberries and raisins in hot water so that they grow slightly in size.
3. Cut the tomatoes, cucumbers, radishes and pomelo into small pieces. Chop the coriander. Mix all of the ingredients together.
4. Add the remaining ingredients: the cooled down quinoa, raisins and cranberries.
5. Combine all of the sauce ingredients together and mix into the salad.
6. Place in the fridge.
My top tip:
To enjoy chilled, add the sauce just before serving. It is always very good the day after if there are any leftovers, but I doubt there will be!