For how many people: 4 – 8
Preparation time: 10 min
Cooking time: 0 min
Story of the recipe or story of the chef:
I first made this salad by mistake for a dinner when I was running out of time and wanted something creative. I had extra rocket leaves that night, and since our guests really enjoyed it, I ended up serving it twice! Since then, it’s always part of the menu. It must be the different textures and tastes (sweet, sour, bitter) that make rocket leaves more enjoyable to eat!
List of ingredients:
- 3 bunches of rocket leaves, washed and dried
- 1 cup of mixed nuts and dried fruits (they usually come in a packet together: raisins, almonds, cashews, pistachios, etc.)
For the dressing:
- 100ml olive oil
- 45ml balsamic vinegar
- 30ml velour de balsamique
1. Place the rocket leaves in a serving bowl.
2. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients to prepare the dressing. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Once well mixed, add the rocket leaves.
4. Add the mixed nuts and dried fruits, reserving three tablespoons.
5. Toss all of the ingredients until the leaves are well coated with
6. Garnish by placing the remaining nuts and fruit on top.
My top tips:
If you cannot find the velour de balsamique you can substitute with 2 tablespoons of pomegranate molasses. The trick is to find a balance between sweet and sour. The raisins in the mix also add a lot of sweetness.