Category: Main Dishes
For how many people: 4
Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time: 30 min
Story of the recipe or story of the chef:
This recipe is a childhood memory. On Sundays, my grandmother would make a veal roast accompanied with a saffron risotto. I love making this recipe for my family and friends.
Michèle & Yann
List of ingredients:
- 250g carnaroli rice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 40g butter
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 300ml white wine
- 1L chicken stock
- A pinch of saffron
- 60g parmesan, grated
1. Sweat the shallot in olive oil and melted butter. Do not color.
2. Add the rice and stir until it becomes translucent. Deglaze with white wine and leave to evaporate.
3. Add a ladleful of stock and the saffron. Mix. Continue, adding one ladleful at a time while turning the rice.
4. Add the parmesan before the end of cooking.
Mix and add some stock.
5. Once the rice is creamy and barely crunchy, stop cooking it. Risotto should never be dry.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste. You can add 2 tablespoons of crème fraîche.
My top tip:
Usually the risotto is made last minute. However, if I have to make it beforehand, I heat it up with 100ml stock and add cream before serving.