Category: Main Dishes
For how many people: 6 – 8
Preparation time: 10 min
Cooking time: 0 min
Story of the recipe or story of the chef:
I work with books, words and images, and I thrive on my passions. Cooking for me is a moment of pure sensual pleasure; the mind is cleared and everything becomes a pure sensation. Unfortunately I’m always short on time, so I go for quick recipes. Often, just before sleeping, I leaf through a cookery book to feed my dreams. For this recipe, I was invited to a famous restaurant in Beirut. A great French chef who was in town concocted an excellent menu. I fell for this one: a creamy mix of strawberries spiced with chips. The next day, I made it my way using other ingredients. It is delicious, quick and difficult to get wrong!
List of ingredients:
- 1 kg strawberries
- 1 packet of strawberry muesli
- 1 aerosol of whipped cream
- Wash and hull the strawberries.
- Cut them in 2 or 3 depending on their size.
- Arrange them in a glass salad bowl. Cover with a 2-finger width of muesli and 1 layer of whipped cream.
Repeat at least 3 times and finish with a layer of muesli.
- Leave in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Finish with 1 layer of cream just before serving.
My top tip:
If you prefer to make your own cream, make sure to whip it well.