For how many people: 6
Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time: 45 min
Story of the recipe or story of the chef:
Since we started growing our own vegetables, we have tried to vary the recipes with zucchini and eggplants. And we have made quite beautiful culinary discoveries.
List of ingredients:
- 75cl vegetable stock, warm to cool
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 eggplant, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- A handful of grilled almonds or pine nuts
- 5 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a non-stick soup pot, place the vinegar, olive oil, vegetables and the chopped garlic.
- Cook over a low heat for approximately 30 minutes.
- Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of water, thyme and oregano. Cook for another 15 minutes while stirring regularly. Leave to cool.
- Add the stock and mix. Season. Place in the fridge.
- Sprinkle the grilled almonds or pine nuts just before serving.
My top tips:
This recipe makes 1 liter of soup. The size of the bowls determines how many servings. If you want the soup to be really refreshing, you can prepare it one day in advance. Adding more or less stock will alter the consistancy accordingly. Add more zucchini or eggplant to bring out the flavor of either vegetable.