Category: Main Dishes
For how many people: 6
Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time: 50 min
Story of the recipe or story of the chef:
I come from a family that has been living in Gemmayzeh for decades. I was born and raised in this neighborhood. Although I am a law graduate, I have chosen to follow the family tradition of jewelers that goes back to generations. As a result, I know the old souks of Beirut quite well, in particular the Jeweler’s Souk. An experienced cook, I am the secretary general of the Lebanese Academy of Gastronomy. Elected as the “best cook of Lebanon” in 2001, I have won several cooking competitions around the world.
List of ingredients:
- 1kg turkey breasts
- 1 leek
- 1 celery leaf
- 1 carrot
- 1 tomato
- 1 glass of white wine
- 200g morels
- 1kg crème fraîche
- 100g butter
- White pepper
1. Cut the turkey breasts into medium-sized scallops. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Sear them in butter and reserve on the side.
3. In the same pan, fry the leek, celery and the carrot that have been initially chopped in a food processor. Add the white wine and the peeled tomato (also chopped in a food processor).
4. Cook for 20 minutes. Add the crème fraîche.
5. Wash the morels well. Cut them in 2. Fry them in a knob of butter. Season with salt and pepper.
6. In a Pyrex dish, arrange the turkey scallops topped with the morels. Pour the cream sauce on top.
7. Bake for 30 minutes.
My top tip:
Serve with saffron rice and zante currants (Corinthian raisins).