For how many people: 4
Preparation time: 40 min
Cooking time: 1 hr 30
Story of the recipe or story of the chef:
This is a great Persian dish for all seasons. Healthy and delicious, this is a favorite starter in our home.
List of ingredients:
- 4 large or 8 small aubergines
- 6 medium-size tomatoes
- 1 medium size onion – finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- A few pomegranate seeds (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 200˚C / Gas 6. Place the aubergines on a baking tray and place in the oven for 45 to 60 minutes, or until cooked. Once aubergines are cooled, skin and cut the tops and then chop into small pieces.
2. Boil water in a pan and put the tomatoes into the boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes. Skin the tomatoes and chop into small pieces.
3. Beat the eggs in a bowl and set aside.
4. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and, once hot, fry the garlic and onions until soft and golden. Add the aubergines and tomatoes and cook on a low heat until both are cooked through and there is not any juice left in the pan.
5. Push the mixture to the side of the pan and, on the empty side, fry the eggs for 3 minutes on a low heat.
6. Add the fried eggs to the aubergine and tomatoes, and mix together well. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
My top tip:
To serve, pour the mixture into a bowl and sprinkle a few pomegranate seeds on top.