For how many people: 6
Preparation time: 20 min the day before
Cooking time: 5 min
Story of the recipe or story of the chef:
A very pleasant starter for the summer, beautiful in color with great refinement.
List of ingredients:
- 2 jars of cooked red bell peppers (approximately 280g each)
- 2 packets of madeira jelly
- 2 small tubs of single cream
- 1 or 2 fresh tomatoes
- ½ fresh bell pepper
For the sauce:
- 1 packet of tomato puree
- 1 pinch of sugar
- Some crème fraîche
- Fresh basil
- A few drops of tabasco
1. In a food processor, mix the peppers, tomatoes and the fresh bell pepper. Season with salt and pepper.
2. In the meantime, bring the jelly to the boil in the single cream (make sure not to add water). Mix well and wait for the jelly to cool down before adding it to the mixture.
3. Mix and add some tabasco.
4. Pour the mixture into a terrine and refrigerate for 24 hours before serving.
5. On the same day of tasting, mix all of the sauce ingredients together and simmer on a low heat.
My top tip:
You can serve the sauce hot with the cold terrine.