Category: Main Dishes
For how many people: 8
Preparation time: 20 min
Cooking time: 15 min
Story of the recipe or story of the chef:
The story behind how I came to have this recipe begins in January 2003, when , dining in a trendy restaurant in Brussels, I tasted a brownie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Delicious!
I sneaked into the kitchen to ask the chef for his recipe… Two smiles and a few thank yous later, I had it, on the condition that I wouldn’t spread it around much… in Brussels at least!
Here it is just for you.
List of ingredients:
- 500g dark chocolate
- 300g caster sugar
- 300g butter
- 2 packets of vanilla sugar
- 120g flour, sifted
- 6 eggs
- 2 pinches of salt
1. In a small saucepan, melt the butter over a low heat and break the chocolate into a bowl. Melt the chocolate slowly over a water bath.
2. With a brush, butter the brownie mold. Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4.
3. Mix the melted chocolate with the butter. Off the heat, add the caster sugar, vanilla sugar, stirred eggs and 2 pinches of salt. Add the flour at the end.
4. Pour into the mold and bake for 15 minutes. Leave to rest for 5 minutes in the oven after turning it off.
5. Leave to cool before placing in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Remove from the mold and slice into individual servings.
My top tip:
Serve with a scoop of ice cream, just like at the restaurant.