Category: Main Dish
Story of the recipe or story of the chef: I have made ‘Brussel sprout haters’ eat and love this dish!
For how many people: 4-6 persons
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
List of ingredients:
- 800 g of Brussel sprouts
- 600 g of potatoes
- 750 g of minced meat (I use a mix of pork and veal, this gives the best taste)
- 250 ml of light cream
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- 50 g of parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the Brussel Sprouts into quarters and put them in a pot with water and salt. Do the same for the potatoes (also small pieces). Let the Brussel sprouts and potatoes boil until they are ‘al dente’.
- Meanwhile, put some butter in a large pot and bake the minced meat, until the meat is cooked through.
- Also, take a little bowl, and mix the cream, thyme, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat your oven on 250 degrees and grill setting.
- When de potatoes and Brussel sprouts are cooked, drain them.
- Now take a casserole. Begin with making a layer of meat, than add a layer of potatoes, and end with a layer of Brussel sprouts.
- Divide the cream equally over the casserole and finish with a layer of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Put the casserole in the oven for about 15 minutes until the cheese is starting to get a light brown color.
- Bon appétit!
My little tips:
I started using soy cream instead of regular cream (since we found out our daughter is lactose intolerant) and it makes the dish much lighter to digest.
When you have some extra time, use fresh thyme. It takes longer because you have to subtract the leaves carefully, but it makes the dish taste even better!