Category: Main Dishes
For how many people: 6 – 8
Preparation time: 20 min
Cooking time: 0 min
Story of the recipe or story of the chef:
This is super easy to prepare for a last-minute dessert.
List of ingredients:
- 2 pomelos
- 3 red, sweet pomegranates
- 100g dry almonds
- 2 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 1 tbsp orange blossom water
- 1 orange, juice
- ½ lemon, juice
- Peel and remove the white membrane from the pomelos and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Deseed the pomegranates, wash in water, set aside to drain and dry.
- Boil the almonds in water for 5 minutes. Rinse with cold water, peel and split in half. Set aside.
- Mix the juice of 1 orange, ½ a lemon and sugar. Stir to dissolve sugar, then add the orange blossom. Set aside.
- Assemble in a bowl by alternating the pomelos and pomegranates. Decorate with almonds on top.
- Add the juices. Cover and keep in the fridge untill ready to serve.
My top tip:
This simple and healthy recipe can be accompanied with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.