Category: Main Dishes
For how many people: 8 – 10
Preparation time: 20 min
Cooking time: 45 min
Story of the recipe or story of the chef:
A chocolate cake that has been part of all our family events for three generations.An easy recipe and a guaranteed success. Thank you Teta.
List of ingredients:
- 12 eggs
- 500g butter
- 500g dark chocolate
- 500g icing sugar
- 250g flour
- 1 lemon, zest
- A pinch of vanilla
- Melt the chocolate over a water bath.
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites and whisk the whites until stiff. Then add the lemon zest and the pinch of vanilla.
- Beat the yolks and progressively add the sugar, butter, flour and, at the very end, the melted chocolate.
- Add the mixture to the egg whites and fold through gently to get a smooth mixture.
- Pour the batter into a 30cm greased mold (for half the quantity, use a 20cm to 22cm mold).
- Bake in a preheated oven at 150°C/Gas 2 for 45 minutes (do not let the cake dry out completely).
- Remove from mold and sprinkle with icing sugar.
My top tip:
Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a bowl of red berries.