For how many people: 4
Preparation time: 20 min
Cooking time: 15 min
Story of the recipe or story of the chef:
I discovered this very simple and so delicious recipe during one of my trips to Italy, prepared by a chef specialized in low calorie meals (160 calories per portion). It deserves to be part of the dishes we serve to our beloved family.
List of ingredients:
- 2 eggplants
- 6 tomatoes
- 2 mozzarella cheese balls
- 100g basil
- Fresh oregano
- Tomato sauce
- Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Cut the eggplants into slices and brown (30 seconds) in a non-stick pan.
2. Scald the tomatoes in boiling water, let them cool, peel, slice them into 4 and remove the seeds.
3. Slice the mozzarella cheese the same thickness as the eggplants.
4. Make two layers, comprising a slice of eggplant, a slice of mozzarella and a slice of tomato.
5. Flavor with basil and oregano, cover with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese and bake at 180 °C/Gas 4 for 15 minutes.
My top tip:
Good presentation is important.